Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Waterfalls, Footloose ... and food storage!

We didn't blog about our latest hike! We had to try out our new hiking shoes ... so off we went on Saturday morning. We decided we must have a thing for waterfalls because this time we hiked up to Timpanogos Falls (I'll admit ... when I am hiking I really like to end up at a destination ... and one that is cool in this heat is unbeatable!). It was beautiful ... beyond beautiful! First you come to a small fall ... it was fine, but nothing spectacular. Then a bit up the trail you come to this.

Amazing huh?! It was a really pretty hike too ... there were wildflowers everywhere! And our hiking shoes were a fantastic purchase - love them! Although, I will confess, I tried very hard not to get them too dirty :)! I'm such a girl...

That night Jeff took me to see Footloose at the Scera Theater. We used to go all the time, but we haven't for a while. I'm so glad we went! It was so fun and they did a great job! I'm not sure if it is watching the play on a blanket outside, drinking milkshakes or just being together ... but it was a fun night!

Now ... moving on to food storage (weird combo, I know)

Last night we went to a couple in our ward's house to learn about food storage. Food storage is something I find totally overwhelming. Jeff and I talk about it ... a lot ... but so far we haven't really done anything about it ... because we just don't know where to start. But the Sloans made it seem simple and doable. They gave a lot of good ideas and it was obvious how much they believe in what they are doing, which made it even better. They even made us all (5 couples total) dinner from their food storage. It was amazing! We ate way too much :)! Now we are totally gun-ho. I really never thought I would ever say that about food storage. But we both feel like it is something that is really important ... and usually promptings are given for us to follow. So we will try to keep you posted as we dive into this new world!

Random post ... but that's what is happening in our world.

2 comments:

Becca said...

We've hiked to those falls before! We did it in the fall and the aspens were amazing.

lance, miss, my, & finn said...

food storage is really overwhelming to me! we talk about it too, and have vowed to add to ours (it's pretty meager...). you'll have to tell me what they taught you! people have pretty practical tips sometimes.