Monday, July 28, 2008

For the Fam'

Family reunions are a strange phenomenon to me. I hadn't ever been to one before I met Jeff. Sure, my family got together to hang out ... but our idea of a "reunion" was a major holiday, copious amounts of amazing dessert, lots of shopping and bada-bing you have your self a reunion.

But the whole idea of, celebrating our ancestors, matching t-shirts and carefully planned activities was a new thing to me. We just had his reunion on Saturday at Cherry Hill Water Park. I thought it was pretty fun! It was SUCH a hot day, so being in the water was really nice. Now, I wouldn't recommend Cherry Hill on a regular basis, but for this activity it was great. We got to spend time with his family and hang out with some of our nieces and nephews. We were sad not everyone could come ... but appreciated that it was up our direction :)!

Here is us at the reunion ... please note my cool new suit!

5 comments:

Becca said...

Family reunions can be a lot of fun! But I think the shopping and hanging out is good enough for me :)
Your suit looks cute!

Carolyn said...

Cute suit!

lance, miss, my, & finn said...

suit looks cute! is it a tankini? I got a modbe...I like it.
the tag...you just answer the questions for yourself.:)

Cinda said...

I agree with the whole hang out for an afternoon or something, too. I've never had reunions like this either. If we had a reunion with my family, it was on Lake Powell. Free from schedules and stress!!

Hali said...

Cute suit. And cute hair...did you cut it?