Monday, July 14, 2008

Unlucky Boston

So, I am in Boston/Maine for work. Normally I don't mind these trips - aside from missing Jeff it is fun to get to know people in the industry better and see new places. Luck has not been in our favor this time around though ...

First, we took a red eye flight - I thought this would give us more work and less travel time. Bad idea - don't ever do this! Jet Blue's did offer a shut eye kit (mine didn't help me get much shut eye ... but it is a cute concept).

They lost our luggage. Since we were on a red eye I wore sweats. Not conducive to a brunch meeting. So after filing a claim, I made a mad dash to get an outfit. Not cute, but it worked. Please keep in mind this meant I was also not wearing any makeup. Scary! I remedied that the best I could.

Then our GPS didn't work ... and we got very, very lost. Twice. Fortunately this is very common in Boston. So no one thought it was out of the ordinary at all.

We did successfully make it to our hotel in New Hampshire ... where they have an outlet mall right across the street!! Thank goodness! I got a couple of great deals! Nothing like a bit of shopping to put me in good spirits. The front desk ladies are also very nice and helpful. They gave me tons of free toiletries ... which brings me to my next point.

An update on our luggage: It was flown to LONG BEACH. That's right, folks. We flew to Boston ... but it landed on the OPPOSITE side of the country. It will be landing in Boston at 11:30 tonight (supposedly) and they are going to deliver it to us (again ... supposedly). This is why I bought an outfit tonight. Just in case.

I am very hopeful the rest of the trip will go better. And even if not (and my hair looks terrible) I will be wearing an adorable raspberry colored summer sweater :)! And I will have showered ... who could ask for anything more?

8 comments:

Carolyn said...

Yikes! That's horrible! Here's to a better rest of the trip- and a picture of your sweater would be great! haha

Stephie said...

I think the lack of makeup would be the worst for me!

Cinda said...

Shopping always makes me feel better, too. Hopefully, your luggage will arrive soon and the rest of your trip will go better.

lance, miss, my, & finn said...

ari, that's awful! at least you got to go shopping...:) definitely a bright spot. hope your luggage comes soon. have fun in boston!

The Hunt Family said...

I have to say it but that is so funny. I mean not funny but will be in about 2 months...ok 2 years ;)

Unknown said...

I am very jealous that you are in Boston right now! And that you get to shop..

Jesse and Tiffany said...

That does suck. Its happen to us before, let me guess delta?

Unknown said...

Um, I am headed to Boston in November, and I won't lie, I am a bit frightened. Red-eye flights are NO GOOD. We did it on our way to Orlando and I am very surprised that no one got killed. I am glad that you made it back alive.
And even though it sucks that your luggage had a west coast vacation while you were on the east coast, at least it makes for a great story.
Although, it would have been better for you to go to Cali without your luggage, you could have pulled off the Malibu look, no make-up, janky hair. It really is too bad.