Monday, July 7, 2008

Most Amazing 4th EVER!

We had such a fun 4th of July weekend! First off ... we just love long weekends in general ... and to have a reason to have fireworks makes it even better. Here's a play-by-play of our fantastic weekend.

July 4th: We slept in ... for real. We never sleep in anymore - so it felt amazing! Then we made a huge pancake breakfast. Yum!

That afternoon we went shopping with Carla and Maddie (my aunt and cousin). We are so glad they live here now - it is fun to have them around!! We found a couple of good sales (which always makes us happy).

Then Jeff and I went to see "What Happens In Vegas" We were very pleasantly surprised! It was funny and fun. And the quotable lines after are good (always a plus). Our favorite is "If I could kill someone with my mind right now it would be you" It you haven't seen it - it's funny and cute.

That night we BBQ'd (with Carla and Maddie) and then walked around the Freedom Festival booths. And of course watched fireworks!! I love fireworks! Happy Independence Day!

Saturday: We went hiking up Battle Creek Falls. Skip this one. Half of it is a road. I totally don't hike on things my Envoy could cover in seconds. It was short and not super pretty - but it did get us out and about. Then we went and bought HIKING shoes. Yes you read that correctly ... I OWN hiking shoes. Amazing. (I even included a pic to prove it) But we are really in to this hiking thing. And it's something fun we can do together. Jeff's look cool ... but mine are cute. I picked out the two cutest pairs, tried them on and made a decision. Luckily they are comfy too!

To temper the fact that I own such shoes, I went to the spa for a couple of hours. Very, very nice and relaxing. I highly recommend spa-ing ... and fortunately Jeff is very supportive of this pastime.

Saturday night we went out to celebrate Jeff's job! We went to the Harvest at Thanksgiving. Skip that as well. The food was okay, but just okay. And with those types of restaurants we go for the experience as much as the food ... and it was SO not a dining experience. Our waiter was like 12, and there wasn't much ambiance. Then we walked around the free garden ... it was too hot to spend the time to walk around the big gardens ... we'll do that this fall! But they are so pretty!! Then we went out for ice cream!! Yum!

Then I mentioned I need a new swimsuit (for the family reunion coming up). So we went shopping and ran in to Carla and Maddie (shocking to find them at the mall). The sales lady was SO overwhelming. And there is a big emphasis on the SO overwhelming. She picked out this ridiculous looking suit. But I put it on (she was hovering so I felt obligated) and I loved it. But I was having a hard time pulling the trigger. To make a long story short Jeff bought it for me when I wasn't looking (Yes girls ... I do know exactly how lucky I am :)!!)

Sunday we were just lazy after church - love that! And we played some fun games with friends.

What a fun, fun weekend!

7 comments:

lance, miss, my, & finn said...

yay on jeff's job!!!
and how exciting that carla and maddie are there now!
sounds like a very fun weekend.
cute hiking shoes too!:) where'd you get your swimsuit?

Emily said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! We love long weekends too, but no sleeping in for us with Elise getting up around 5:30-6:00am! We need to get together sometime this summer and BBQ or something.

Becca said...

Well, gosh, maybe we should go hiking while we're there! :)
I'm so glad you had a good long weekend! They are the best.

Jesse and Tiffany said...

So how did you like the resturant? We need to go and try it! Congrats on the fabulous weekend of Fun!!!

Emily said...

We'd love to get together on the 24th!! Give us a call or email and let us know what we can bring.

Unknown said...

Are those Merrills? I hope so, because those are the shoes I bought for Europe and I loved them very much!

Unknown said...

Ari! How are you? This is Whitney Shaw Olsen by the way. Im glad to hear you had a good weekend! So, our townhome should be done by the end of August and we will be neighbors. :) What is the actual site for your blog? I want to add it to my contacts. Ours is gregandwhit.blogspot.com See ya later!