Monday, October 1, 2012

Some Updates and Anecdotes

I keep waiting for life to "slow down a bit" so I can catch up, blog, rest, etc. And I finally decided, it just isn't going to. Ever. So here are a few things to catch you up on us.

* We are starting to really "settle in." It finally hit me how soon the holidays will be upon us and how soon after that a new baby will join our family. Nothing says "motivation" quite like that. 
 
* I love surprises! The other day Jeff saw a deals email come through with the most charming bench in it. We decided not to buy it, only to have me spend the next few days lamenting the fact that we didn't ... and how perfect it would look in our kitchen. Last Friday a package showed up on our doorstep ... MY BENCH! My sweet and sneaky husband had already purchased it to surprise me. Can I say again that I love surprises? Especially ones that fun (and that look that perfect in our house!!) Love him. And this bench!
I stole these pillows from another area of the house - so picture different ones...


* We finally started decorating. And shopping for all the things that will make this new home ours! I felt like we made a huge dent this weekend ... only to look around and feel like it really just opened up a huge can of worms that needs to get finished. But I'm loving how it is coming together ... and loving changing up the style a bit. 
Anyone else loving this guy?
Just a little living room corner that is starting to shape up ...


* I think I also have a vision for Landon's "big boy" room ... however, I have been asked twice what my plan is for the nursery. And I DON'T HAVE ONE! AH!! So if you have any adorable ideas (that work with a brown nursery chair) please pass them my way. Part of the problem is having the whole rest of the house to decorate. And part of the problem is that I am really picky (I actually have spent a lot of time looking).

* Landon is now two and a half. Which has brought with it a new form of "terrible twos." Every couple of months he has tried the tantrum thing. They are brief and generally don't get much attention, therefore they haven't lasted long. This time, however, they seem to want to take up more permanent residence (let's hope I'm mistaken). And he is getting more dramatic with his flailing. It's pretty awesome. This too shall pass right? 

* The other side of that is that at other times Landon is the sweetest most adorable child on the planet. Tonight I got stopped twice and told how adorable he is and asked if he is always so polite and good. Blessings!! 

* His vocabulary has exploded over the last month or so - and so has his sense of humor! He totally cracks us up!  He uses all sorts of phrases he hears us use like "bummer" or "hey mister!" The other day he said:
L: "mom, is the baby kicking you tummy?"
M: "yes, he is"
L: "he needs to go to time-out"

* This weekend I finally felt it - PREGNANT! Life has been so busy I haven't really let myself take it easy - the show must go on. But I think this weekend I finally did myself in.  Friday and Saturday we were up until 1 am. Saturday we took a long, fast work-out walk, then after Landon's nap went decoration shopping for 4 hours or so. The Sunday I subbed in nursery. And by the time I got home I deposited myself on the couch while Jeff made dinner. Then I rallied enough to make pumpkin chocolate chip cookies (my fave ...). And then ate three (THREE!) of them. Yep, pregnant for sure.  

* In other pregnancy news - I switched doctors. Again. This is the THIRD doctor this pregnancy! I found out after switching to one up here that our insurance has a preferred hospital. So we will pay half of what we would have by delivering at Timpanogos as opposed to American Fork. (Didn't have to tell us twice!) Unfortunately I picked a great Dr., just one that only delivered at AF. I really like the newest Dr. though, so I'm feeling good about it all. He sat in the room at my first appointment with me and just talked about everything - as if he had all day to learn about me and this baby. I get it - he's a busy Dr., so the fact that he did that made me feel good about it all.   

* One of our kitty friends has been scarce as of late. So either Landon finally "charmed" it into staying away ... or it's owners decided to keep better tabs on it! Either way ... I'm not complaining!

* On Saturday Jeff mowed the lawn (with Landon's help of course!). After he turned on the sprinklers. Which, Landon thinks is a built in splash pad (love that about kids!). He played in the front for a while while we chatted with a neighbor. Then Jeff turned them off, and we changed him into dry clothes for our walk. We kept chatting... all of a sudden we realized we hadn't seen Landon for a few minutes. He snuck in the back yard, where the sprinklers were still going and got soaked all over again :)! It was so funny and he was SO pleased with himself!

Whew! That's probably more than you wanted or needed to know about us for now ... stayed tuned!

2 comments:

Mac and Charms said...

Hahaha!!! Landon is so funny! What a cute little dude! Can't wait to see you guys Friday!!!

PS. The house looks GREAT and Jeff is a sweet hubby!!!

Carolyn said...

CUTE bench! And Landon sounds adorable, in a 2.5 year old way. :) Reagan's tantrums have ramped up some lately, also. So I understand! But I love the things he says. So cute!! Can't wait to see the house again!