Friday, September 21, 2012

It's Raining CATS!!

First, please allow me a disclaimer. I'm not a cat person. In fact, that's a gross understatement. I'm really, really, really NOT a cat person. They are fine animals. Just not around me. If you like them, I'm very happy for you. But allow me not to.

Please keep the above statement in mind while I share...

We have two cats (TWO people) who have decided that our new home is their second home. TWO. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume the people who previously lived here were cat people. I have suspicions these cats were fed here ... why else would they be so interested in my back door? Where they sit and 'meow' constantly?

Landon, however, feels VERY differently about the cats. He is in heaven! He is constantly outside playing with them (poor kitties ... he's a bit enthusiastic), looking for them (he often invites me to "come look for kitties, mom!" and I'll confess his "here kitty!" is a LOT more enthusiastic than mine), and crawling underneath things to retrieve them from their hiding places.

You would think that a few days of this enthusiasm would have broken them of their lurking.

It hasn't.

And the worst part? When I heard Landon shout (I was upstairs) "Oh NO! Kitty in my HOUSE!!!" Which prompted my pregnant self to run down the stairs. And then in to the basement (where the kitty retreated to) to get it outside again.

This has happened more than once. 

On the upshot it is good (much needed) exercise. And I guess if I am really, really searching for a silver lining ... at least Landon is happy and we have two surrogate pets that we don't have to feed.

It's hard to resist the happiness on that face...but I assure you, I have tried

1 comment:

Stepper the Mighty said...

Oh man. I'd totally move.

Just kidding - but I may invest in an air rifle?

Just kidding.

Sort of.

Mostly.

You're way better than me - I try to be careful about influencing my kids with my own loathing of cats, but I would definitely NOT be sympathetic enough to play the 'here kitty' game.

But, like you, I strongly think that other people's cats should remain OTHER PEOPLE'S, and stay offa my porch/grass/line-of-sight.