Wednesday, September 19, 2012

That spells BACON!

Landon loves to name his letters - he is constantly walking around telling me what letters are on things. The other day he opened our fridge. We have a package of bacon bits (the delicious Costco kind!) and he started naming the letters. I've always joked I could probably teach him to read before he decides to potty train. So I sat down next to him and told him that those letters make a word ... and we said each letter and its sound together. Then I had him put them together to make "bacon."

He was pretty excited and I found him later in the day with the fridge open and spelling the word bacon.

Fast forward to yesterday. We were eating lunch at the Creamery with Grandma. Looking out the window there is a Subway right across the street. Well, Subway is written in all capitals (his specialty) and he said,

"S-U-B-W-A-Y ... that spells BACON!!!"

He was so thrilled with himself and his discovery I could only laugh and didn't have the heart to tell him that not every word spells bacon :)!

No comments: