Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Toilet

Yesterday morning I was cleaning up the breakfast dishes when Landon wandered off in the direction of his toys in the living room. As I worked my way around the kitchen I thought to myself "he is being SO good, playing in there by himself!" and I continued what I was doing. About five minutes later I though "hmmm ... it is awfully quiet and I haven't heard any of his toys." (And since a vast majority of them play music/make noise, that's saying something.)

I went to investigate.

He was in the bathroom swishing his little hands around in the toilet bowl looking very pleased with himself. Gross. I have learned this lesson before, and was taught once again ... one should never underestimate the sheer awesomeness of the toilet to little boys. I mean really, it is just his height, which in this big-people world is super cool in and of itself, and as a HUGE bonus ... it is filled with water. Water, you must know is one of Landon's favorite things in the whole world, be it in the bath, a sippy cup or apparently the toilet.

When I told him "no" and explained for approximately the 300th time that we don't play in the toilet he just turned to look at me, gave me his most adorable little boy grin (with all of his three and a half teeth) and went right back to the toilet.

He was so pleased that he had gotten to play there for a while unnoticed that he didn't even protest when I picked him up to scrub his hands off (probably because washing his hands is one of his top five most favorite things to do since it also involves playing with water).

I wish I had my camera with me because it really was funny ... gross, but so, so funny :)!

(And clearly I need to remember to keep the down-stairs bathroom door closed!)

3 comments:

Kristen said...

After my kids started walking I could NEVER leave the bathroom door open. Now that they're older, I can't leave it open because they get into all the stuff in the cabinets under the sink... sneaky kids!

I've learned it's usually never good when it's TOO quiet. :)

Emily said...

When they are quiet that is always when I get the most nervous. Elise did the same thing, only she added the entire roll of TP to the toilet too!

Tamara said...

Yucky. We keep our bathroom door closed, Jane mostly likes to get into my make-up and hair products.