Monday, April 18, 2011

Inspiration

Do you ever just need a little bit of inspiration? My mother-in-law bought me Elder Jeffrey R. Holland's new book for my birthday. Its a book of quotes called "Created for Greater Things." Jeff and I read through it together and we loved it! I could share every quote in there as inspiration ... but instead I will share just a couple (for now!).

"I especially wish to praise and encourage young mothers. The work of a mother is hard, too often unheralded work ... Do the best you can through these years, but whatever else you do, cherish that role that is so uniquely yours and for which heaven itself sends angels to watch over you and your little ones"

"If you are lonely, please know you can find comfort. If you are discouraged, please know you can find hope. If you are poor in spirit, please know you can be strengthened. If you feel you are broken, please know you can be mended."

"Your Father in Heaven knows your name and knows your circumstance. He hears your prayers. He knows your hopes and dreams, including your fears and frustrations. And He knows what you can become through faith in Him."

"He has He reminds us, "graven thee upon the palms of my hands" (1 Nephi 21:16). Considering the incomprehensible cost of the Crucifixion, Christ is not going to to turn His back on us now."

There are so many more! Perhaps I will have to share more later... but I love these and the feelings they give me!

2 comments:

Jake and Megan said...

Love these. Thank you.

laura said...

Those are great, thanks for sharing!