Friday, March 25, 2011

Quirky

Have you ever sat back and thought about your own quirks? You know ... all those delightful (or not so delightful?!) things that make you unique? For some reason my mind wandered that direction and I thought you might like to know some of mine ...

* I read all magazines back-to-front. Seriously. I couldn't tell you a time when I didn't.
* I LOVE People Magazine. So much it's ridiculous. I come by it organically. My mom is also an avid reader ... each week she buys the mag, reads it and passes it on. I actually can't bring myself to purchase it on my own, because that would break tradition.
* I HATE shopping at Wal-Mart. I do it because it is convenient. My hate of shopping at multiple stores is still stronger than my Wal-Mart hate.
* When I shop I go with a list in hand. I detest wandering around the grocery store. It's business, not pleasure. The mall on the other hand? I could wander for hours :)!
* I am a creature of habit. I do the same things every day to get ready, etc. ... and I quite literally do them EVERY day (am I starting to sound neurotic ... because I kind of feel like I am:)!)
* I am actually quite opinionated, I'm just not huge on making everyone listen to them. And I find people who think EVERYONE should agree with their point of view to be irritating.
* I am secretly quite defiant. Don't tell me I can't do something ... because then I will simply have to prove you wrong.
* I am a perfectionist ... it's actually a bad habit I am trying desperately to break. Life is messy and that is okay ... I can be messy too sometimes.
* I don't really like ice ... but I LOVE water ... like I love chocolate :). Just plain though ... no ice please!

So what makes you quirky? Or odd?

2 comments:

LaVonne said...

So, yes, you are quirky! But you know that is a good thing, right? I liked your post...feels kinda normal.

Stepper the Mighty said...

I fold the toilet paper into a point when I put on a new roll or when I've just cleaned the bathroom? That's quirky, right?