Monday, August 9, 2010

Only in Spanish Fork

I love this little town we live in. It really is home. But there are some moments when I still have to laugh to myself and say "only in Spanish Fork" ... for example:

Today Landon and I went to Fresh Market to pick up some French bread for dinner. When we were walking out an old man was walking in. He was dressed like a traditional farmer ... plaid shirt, overalls, the whole 9 yards. But he had gauges in his ears! I'm NOT even kidding. He was at least 70, but probably older. And these were some serious ear gauges - I'm talking at least 1/2 inch if not bigger. I did a double take ... and will confess it was hard not to stare. They were huge.

The things you think you'll never see.

2 comments:

Shelley said...

That is so FUNNY! Wow. The things you will see.....

Stepper the Mighty said...

My favorite was the guy in his old beater truck with his cowboy boot up on the dash, playing his guitar and singing.

He was driving.

On the freeway.