Sunday, August 1, 2010

At First Bite

Last week we went to get Landon's high chair ... I was so excited to feed him baby food! We got it all set up Thursday night so Friday was the big day.

First I gave him the sippy cup I bought him. I know ... a sippy cup at 4 months? But he loves drinking water. My aunt Carla and cousin Maddie bought him the cutest sippy cup with his name on it. However, it has a hard top which he won't be ready for it for a while (even though I am dying to have him use it, it is that cute), so I decided to get him one with a soft, bottle-like top to get him used to it. He LOVES it! I gave it to him and showed him how to hold the handles then I ran upstairs to get the camera.

I came down to find this ...
And this ...
We're still working on him holding it and getting the sippy part to his mouth more consistently, but he does great! He loves to play with it - it kept him busy through dinner tonight! I know that isn't going to last long, so while the novelty is still there I plan to cash in on it!

Next we tried squash. It seemed like as good as vegetable as any to start with, right? He is a little unsure about the whole taste and texture thing (which makes for some great faces), but he is fascinated by the spoon delivering something into his mouth (not surprising!) and keeps opening up for more!

"Interesting mom ..."
"What is that thing you keep sticking in my mouth?"
"This tastes a little weird ..."
"Well if you're sure ..."
"Oh this is FUN!"
Tonight we gave him his own spoon to hold during the process. In between the bites I fed him he would promptly stick the spoon he was holding in his mouth (I'm actually really surprised at how quickly he figured that out) ... then he would take it out and rub it all over his face :)! A squash covered face is quite cute :)!

2 comments:

Stepper the Mighty said...

uhm...what's with the comments from China?

Good gravy, Ari! That boy is a natural! He picked up the sippy cup thing REALLY fast! what a smarty!

I agree. squash-face is adorable.

But only on babies. Wait 'til he starts blowing raspberries with a mouth full of squash, giving YOU squash-face. Less endearing.

Well, okay. Not less endearing. :)

But the ruined blouse can be a bummer! (I used to wear an apron when feeding Wy!)

Tamara said...

Way to go Landon! He looks exactly like Jeff in that second pic.