Thursday, May 6, 2010

Thursday Thoughts

It's Thursday ... and I have been meaning to write many a charming, witty and interesting blog post this week. Okay, maybe like one. But still ... here we are and now I can't think of any of the things I meant to write. So here are some random thoughts for a Thursday evening.

**I just finished reading "Tuesdays with Morrie." It was really good. And it made me think about life. How do I live my days? I think that we (meaning Jeff and I... and most people who read my blog) are in a phase of life where we don't think we do. There are jobs to go to and money that needs to be made, bills to pay, children to raise ... life to accomplish. How often to we sit back and really think "if today were my last day what would I do." I'm guilty. I get going so fast I don't think about living and really taking in the things that matter and forgetting the stuff that just doesn't.

**I have decided that baby socks were a bad invention. I understand they keep adorably tiny toes warm, but can anyone actually keep them on those tiny toes? I can't. If you can, I salute you. In our house we just boycott them as much as we can.

**Landon squeaks when he sleeps sometimes. It's the cutest little personality quirk. However, someone pointed out it might not be healthy. I had it checked out today. Totally fine ... he should outgrow it at about 9 months. So now we can all just sit back and enjoy it's cuteness. However, I'm pretty sure our pediatrician is the nicest person ever ... he hasn't told me I am crazy for the million times I have called or seen him in the last 7 weeks. Bless him for understanding a new mom's paranoia.

**I am grateful for friends who look out for me enough to tell me things might not be normal ... you have to really love someone to tell them something that could be hard.

**I think that if it looks like spring out it should be warm. But if it can't be I am grateful for the sunshine.

**Who thought of putting that cool line on Pampers? It tells you when your child's diaper is wet by changing colors. Now, I'm not sure why you need it ... when the diaper is wet it is pretty obvious, but the line is cool nonetheless. And I need to think of something brilliant like that.

**The weekend is almost here. Even though I am not working right now, I still look forward to the weekend SO much. It means Jeff is with us all the time!

**I need to go grocery shopping. I have been putting this off for days now. Dinner time is starting to get interesting ... luckily Jeff has some creative ideas. I just HATE grocery shopping, but we are getting to the must-go stage. So I will go ... or I will sweet talk Jeff into going :)!

**Landon now weighs 12 lbs 15 oz. That is almost 13 lbs folks :)! His chubbiness is one of my many favorite things ... I could sit around a squeeze him all day. Okay, I do.

I know none of that was particularly enlightening ... but I didn't claim that it would be ... just that those are my Thursday thoughts :)

2 comments:

Jake and Megan said...

I can't believe Landon is already that big. Kaylee just had her 4 month appointment and she is only 12.5 lbs. She's on the small side though. I can't wait to see him again. They grow so quickly!

Stephie said...

k the sock problem!
there are some sock that i get at old navy and they are the ONLY socks that i ever got to stay on Octavian's feet. They come in a pack of 3 and they normally have little gripper things on the bottom. With Fenix we just put him in Trinity's old tights and then put his pants on over. It was an amazing idea and im so glad i came up with it. Good luck!!!

Oh yah we got your birth announcement photo in the mail. I think Landon looks like a porcelain doll. Very sweet!