Monday, February 4, 2013

Superbowl Gems

I was under the impression that while Jeff, my dad and brother watched the Superbowl that I would have to keep Landon busy and entertained. Boy was I wrong! He was THRILLED by it!

First, he wore his "football" shirt (it's really from Gap, but it does say 'football' on it with a picture of one) and insisted that the rest of us wear "football" clothes also. Including Liam, whose "football shoes" that Landon picked out were WAY too big on him, but he dutifully wore them :)!

He kept yelling "Go Cougars!" and coming to tell me that the Cougars were winning! Clearly he didn't know who was actually playing, but we thought it was too cute to correct. Plus, he was convinced his team was winning and what guy doesn't want that on Superbowl Sunday?! (For the record we - and by we I mean Jeff and the rest of the guys in my family - were rooting for the 49ers)

I got the biggest kick out of hearing him cheer loudly every time the big "boys" cheered.

Landon ate brats, chips and drank soda like a real man (please don't judge!) :)! After he informed me he hadn't eaten dinner ... despite the fact that I think he visited the food table as often as Jeff did.

I only watched the halftime show. During which Landon was GLUED to the screen. We're talking inches from it while Beyonce did her (strip) show. Apparently he thought all that leather, lace and hair flipping was quite amazing :). I'm told he did the same thing during any commercial involving a girl. Oh dear ... as a mom I'm voting for a more bland show in the future... think Josh Groban ... especially when my boys hit their teenage years. (Although admittedly I thought it was pretty hilarious yesterday).

Hope you had a fun time watching the game!




No comments: