Sunday, December 2, 2012

Super Awesome Grandparents

Sometimes I take a step back and realize how lucky Landon is because he has super awesome grandparents.

My dad works really close to us now. One day this week he stopped by just to have lunch with Landon and take the time to play with him.

On Friday I had a work meeting that lasted most of the day. My mom met me in north Orem and took Landon to a special Grandma breakfast (McDonalds), then they went to a couple of her stores. After that she asked him where he wanted to go ... and took him there (a good lesson for mom and dad, since I feel like sometimes we get caught up in what we need to do instead of what he might want to do). They went to the "fish store" and hung out ... for an HOUR. Then she bought him three new fish for his fish tank. They named them after the three stooges. After the fish store they went to Barnes and Noble, ate lunch at the cafe and hung out in the kid section for another hour. Seriously, she has the patience of a saint. He was glowing when I picked him up - he was so, so happy. He was so excited to show the fish to me when I met up with them I was afraid they would die of shaken fishy syndrome :)! It was so cute, and I was so grateful to know that he was having a fun time. 

Then the last time Jeff's parents were in town they left a present for Landon to open on December 1. Landon totally gets the idea of presents now and was delighted. It included a Christmas pillow case so he can sleep on snowmen - loves it! And it had a Fisher Price Nativity in it. He was SUPER excited about baby Jesus and all the animals. He promptly got down and set it up on his night stand. I would have included a picture, but he brought them all in this morning to our room to say good morning to us and rearrange them on the floor. He definitely understands that the baby Jesus is the most important part of the nativity - but next to that it goes camel, donkey, cow and sheep. Then the angel. The other people fall somewhere below that :)!

We are lucky to have them both close enough to see often. I have a feeling their attention will help ease the new baby transition. It makes Jeff and I so happy that he feels so loved.

No comments: