Monday, December 17, 2012

Landon & Dad's Big 'Adbenture'

This last weekend Landon and Dad went on a big 'adbenture' (as Landon calls it). I had committed to speak at a Relief Society event so they decided to head down to St. George to a family gingerbread-making party. They left Friday and got McDonalds (very cool to Landon) to eat in the car. 

They got there really late, but bedtimes don't count on adventures, you know.

The next day Landon was in heaven playing with his cousins, and seeing Grandma and Grandpa.
Trying out his musical talents in Emily & Gracie's room
Then they got around to making the ginger bread houses. Here he and Grandma are hard at work. Pretty sure this is the most he focused :)!
 Because then he discovered the marshmallows. (Yes, he is eating them off the counter. Classy.)
 But his finished house looks awfully cute!! 
My brother in law and nephew went hunting that morning and brought home a doe. Which they then skinned outside. Landon, thought this was fascinating! He did, however, think it was a donkey - which he reminded everyone that Mary rode :)! 

After getting thoroughly hyped on sugar and worn out by cousins they headed home. Jeff and I had to speak in church on Sunday, so their adventure was only an overnight one this time. 

And what did mom do with her men gone? I went to the temple with Ale on Friday night - she went through before her upcoming wedding. Then I slept in. And spoke at a really beautiful Relief Society Christmas Brunch (I'm telling you ... this ward goes all out for these things. The theme was "Angels Among Us" and they even served angel food cake French toast!), and then Jeff scheduled me a prenatal massage. Heaven, I tell you! Heaven.

But honestly, as fun as my little "time" was, I really missed them. A lot. And I'm so glad they are home!

No comments: