Thursday, July 5, 2012

Prep Work and Dancing in the Rain

My grandpa is having some health problems and isn't doing well. We decided as a family to go back to see him and my grandma (and other family members!) in Iowa. Tomorrow! Needless to say the last two days have been filled with all kinds of prep work. 

I am looking forward to and dreading the trip in equal parts. I haven't seen my grandparents in a year and Landon has changed so much - so I am so excited to see them! And my little sister is coming back with us. (All the good stuff!) However, it is a 24-hour-drive. With a 2 year old. And Jeff isn't coming (new job a month and a half ago!). So you understand why so much prep (and stress!) is going into this in a really short amount of time!  

But amidst all that there have been some serious blessings involved. We had yesterday to spend with Jeff since we'll miss him next week and weekend. This morning I had a friend volunteer to have Landon come play so I could get some things done quickly (hair cut, library and the store all in less than an hour and a half!), and it seems like time has slowed down today so that I could accomplish a lot in a very short amount of time. 

And on top of all that? It rained! Normally I love the sunshine best, but lately it feels like Utah is burning up. This was much needed and very prayed for. 

And apparently Landon LOVES the rain! The second it started drizzling this morning he ran out back to dance in it :)! The harder it gets the more he loves it. After getting soaked at one point he came in and I put his clothes in the dryer. Then he brought me his swim suit! I couldn't resist and changed him so he played outside with the neighbors completely soaked :)!


No comments: