Sunday, July 22, 2012

True Love

Life has been a whirlwind since we returned home from Iowa last Sunday. Plus we made a big announcement :)! However, this is something I have been wanting to write about, so forgive me that it has taken me a while.

We had a great visit - time spent with my family is priceless indeed. And they all take such delight in Landon. I'm very close to my grandma (mom's mom) so it was SO nice to see her!!

As many of you know my grandpa (dad's dad) has been having heart trouble and his Alzheimer's is getting pretty severe. This makes me so sad! He was telling us a lot of stories about WWII while we were there - I think because so much of that time is very vivid for him. 

While we were looking through some his things he found a picture of him and my grandma together. She passed away when I was 14. He has since remarried a lovely lady. But he and my grandma were married for 50 years before she passed away. A man doesn't forget that. 

He kept showing us the picture of them over and over again (he sometimes gets in a bit of a loop). My dad was still looking through his WWII right next to him - and exclaiming over his uniform, insignia and accolades and said "this is so cool!" (Which it is! Have you ever seen an authentic uniform not in a museum? Or a war hero's honor?!) 

And you know what my grandpa said back? He held up the picture of he and my grandma again and said, "Well, I think this is cool."

Me too, grandpa, me too. 

1 comment:

Charms said...

Sigh...That is LOVE.