Wednesday, June 27, 2012

A Chocolate Surprise

I was putting my adorable, but very exhausted two year old boy down when I heard a little knock at the door. I assumed it was my nice neighbor wanting to chat about books or children or such. When I got down the stairs I opened the door to knock on her door in return. And what to my delightful surprise?! A box! I wasn't expecting anything ...

And it was taped shut with Godiva tape. 



My day just got a whole lot more interesting.

I promptly took it to my kitchen and opened it up. To find lots and lots of dark chocolate!! And a kind note from a co-worker who appreciated something I did. What a sweet (pun totally intended) surprise!



I can't tell you how much I love dark chocolate ... and Godiva no less! 


I may or may not have already indulged in a couple (okay few) truffles. Heaven, I tell you, HEAVEN!


I don't know when the last time was I felt so appreciated!! Or when I felt like I might be slipping into a chocolate coma :)! 

1 comment:

Charms said...

Haha!!! That sounds delicious...what a nice gesture!

I am a sucker for dark chocolate (well any kind of chocolate actually) too. Have you tried Kashi's Oatmeal Dark Chocolate Chip cookies? They are heaven.