Monday, March 26, 2012

Surprise!!

Jeff decided to really celebrate my 30th birthday in style! He told me that he and I were celebrating on Saturday - I was so excited! He arranged for Landon to be taken care of and just told me to be ready mid-afternoon (I love stuff like this!).

First off, he took me to get a massage! I love massages ... and I have been having some headaches lately, so it was perfect. And there is no more relaxing way to begin the evening than that!

Then we went to a restaurant called Brio - we love to try new places together. And this one is a winner!! It's up at Fashion Place mall (near Cheesecake Factory). It's a "Tuscan Grille" and pretty fantastic! Great atmosphere, great bread and food ... and great company! It was so nice out we even ate outside. I can't believe we forgot to take a picture there.

Then we walked around for a bit. This is where things started to get a bit suspicious. Jeff checked his phone a LOT! Which, when we're on a date, he never does. He said we were on our way to dessert after and wanted to check with my dad (who brought Landon back to our house to go to sleep) to see how much longer he could "watch him."

There was a part of me that wasn't suspicious at all ... but a small part of me was really hoping there was a surprise coming!!

We headed back south and Jeff told me that the place we were going for dessert looked a little sketchy but he had heard amazing things about it so he wanted to blindfold me so I would be surprised by it.

I was laughing the whole way he led me up to the "dessert place" because he forgot to mention a step (or two) and it was getting pretty comical.

When he took the blindfold off I realized we were actually in Jacqueline and Scott's house ... and I could see party things everywhere ... but no people!! (Just so you know ... at this point I was so excited I was practically bursting!)

Jeff had gathered up my very closest friends ... but I had to guess from his clues who each of the guests were. They were all so sweet about being excited to celebrate my birthday ... we played games and ate WAY too many delicious treats!

Jeff did such a great job of planning the party (with some help from Stepper and Jacqueline ... thank you!!) and making my birthday amazing! I haven't ever had a surprise birthday party and in my head had always wanted one when I turned 30 (does he know me or what?!) ... and I couldn't have pictured a more wonderful night! He made sure every detail was perfect - a dark-chocolate chocolate fountain, brownies instead of cake and even went to the trouble of going to the BYU Creamery and getting my favorite ice cream and caramel sauce (it came in a GIANT can!) just to have everything be perfect for me. Now that is love!!

It was a really special night, spent with those who care so much about me! Thank you, Jeff, for making it such a wonderful and unforgettable night!

3 comments:

Stepper the Mighty said...

The giant can of caramel sauce will live in infamy.

Jake and Megan said...

Happy Birthday! I'm so sad we couldn't make it, we really wanted to be there. It sounds like it was so fun!

Kristen said...

What a sweet little hubby you have there to do all that for you!!

UGH - wish I could have been there!! I still have your present, by the way....