Sunday, December 19, 2010

Holiday Happenings

What a busy December we've had so far! It's been so much fun getting ready for Christmas this year since it's Landon's first. Here's a recap so far:

We've done some Christmas Dinner Party-ing:

Then Jeff took me up to Temple Square to see the lights. It's a tradition of ours. This time we tried an Italian restaurant called Cannellas. It's super tasty - we recommend it!
The lights were beautiful as always! I just love being there!

Then we took Landon to see Santa. We got such a cute picture of him, but of course they print it right there so I don't have it digital (and they don't let you take any pictures yourself! So dumb!). Landon didn't quite know what to think of Santa or the whole process, but he did sit there long enough for the picture to get taken :)!

Afterward Jeff was shoe shopping and Landon was hanging out with Grandma. This is one of my favorite pictures of them together! So cute!
This last Friday it was my mom's birthday (I won't say which one :)!)! We celebrated in style. First with a trip to the Texas Roadhouse (where they make the birthday person sit on a saddle so the whole place can give them a ye-haw!) ...my mom was a good sport and hopped on! Then we went up to Temple Square as a family. Can you tell it was a bit cold? Then we finished off the next day with cake and presents.
We finished off the month so far with Landon's 9-month "birthday!" I can't believe he is getting so big! He has been moving and scooting around for a while, but he started crawling for real! He still isn't super fast, but it is so funny to watch him! And he is so sweet! He gives "kisses" now. I woke up this morning with a bad cold so I was hanging out with him on the living room floor relaxing when he came over and wrapped his little arms around me and gave me a big "kiss" on the cheek. I just about melted!

We took him and to have some pictures taken of him. We don't have them yet, but looking at the proofs was a blast! They captured his personality so well we had a hard time not buying all of them :)!

Now the countdown to Christmas begins! We better get wrapping!

No comments: