Sunday, April 25, 2010

Girlfriends

Yesterday Stepper invited me to go to the Woman's Expo with her. It was so much fun! We walked around looking at the booths and chatting. And it got me thinking about all of my girlfriends, and what they mean to me.

My mom, Ale and I went out to the Brick Oven Friday night, and again, that got me thinking. There we were, just chatting like girlfriends. We covered all the important topics ... clothes, hairdressers, travel plans, past (and in Ale's case current) boyfriends. It was just plain fun.

Since having Landon I feel like all these ladies have rallied around me. Almost all of our friends already have kids, so they really knew exactly what to say and do to make me feel supported. And even those who don't yet just seemed to know exactly what to talk about. They brought in meals, offered to go to Wal-Mart and the grocery store, called to check in to see how things were going, cooed over Landon and empathized with recovery. I hadn't ever really stepped back to see how many wonderful women I am friends with until now. Unfortunately, I think I took a lot of it for granted. But now I really see what they mean to me and how important they are. And I am so grateful! So for each of you (because I know you read this frequently!) thank you, again, for being there!

1 comment:

Stepper the Mighty said...

YAY! This made me so happy!

i had so much fun at the Expo, too! Perhaps a new tradition?