Monday, February 1, 2010

What a week!

It's been a week/weekend of busy events ...

My parents finally moved into "the house" and are getting settled ... it is beautiful and was definitely worth the wait! Needless to say it was a week of late nights for everyone involved, and Saturday the official "move day" was long and tiring! Obviously I couldn't help in the actual moving, but I was in charge of putting things away in the kitchen and keeping my mom sane. The latter job MUCH more difficult that the first one :)!

We managed to sneak over the Babies R Us before the after-the-move-it's-James'-Birthday family dinner that night and picked up our swing, and some bottles to get us started.

Yesterday Jamers turned 12! Holy cow that seems weird to say. We got to go over and Jeff participated in his ordination to becoming a deacon. He looked so cute in his suit! I can't believe he is getting so old.

And then we finished off last night with a long talk. One of my favorite memories from when Jeff and I started dating was the fact that we could talk for hours and never get bored. We still can, but life is a lot busier now and we have less time in general to spend just talking. But last night we got to talking a little after 8 and ended up staying up past 1 am ... I love those moments. They remind me yet again how lucky I am to have him and for us to be us.

1 comment:

lance, miss, my, & finn said...

congratulations to your parents!
I can't believe james is 12...I think he was 3 when we met! how have we known each other that long!?!
a swing, yay! seems more official, huh, with all the baby stuff around? now you just need the baby!:)
I still love talking to lance too. funny how you can still be in love after all this time!:)