Monday, February 8, 2010

Released

It's official ... they released our YW presidency yesterday. After 3 years with the girls I am a civilian again. It's bittersweet ... I will miss them so much! It is such a special opportunity to get to know them so well, and to be a part of their lives. I loved watching them grow and knowing what makes them tick. But at the same time it feels like it was time for a change. Now I get to focus on becoming a mom for a while and then get a calling that I am sure will challenge me in a completely different way. It feels really strange to not have a calling ... that hasn't happened for 9 years!

I am so excited for the girls though ... the new presidency will be fantastic! They are all amazing, strong women and will teach the girls so much. And I know they will learn so much themselves.

So I'm saying goodbye to YW for now ...

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

I can tell Matt to put you on the 'needs a calling asap' list! hahaha :)

Stepper the Mighty said...

That was a surprise on Sunday. I wondered how you were feeling about it - I know you LOVE those YW. And you put your heart into your calling.

But, ahhhh. Wednesday Nights! Remember those????

3 years is a long time! Thinking about being the Primary Chorister for that long makes me feel...???

Have you seen Leap Year, yet?

kristie jensen said...

oh man! I missed Sunday. Who's the new presidency? and... there's a new opening for RS teacher!
Once again.. been too long since we've talked (silly vacations) so let's talk soon!

Cinda said...

Enjoy the break! I'm sure it won't last too long.