Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Tea Party Shower!

This last weekend three of my beautiful and talented friends threw me a baby shower! I really couldn't feel more spoiled or loved - everything was planned to the most minute detail and obviously done with lots of love!

The theme was a tea-less tea party. Here is the invite - adorable isn't it?!
My mom and I have always loved tea parties, so the theme was perfect. We learned all about tea and etiquette for a tea party. And the tables were set to perfection - so pretty and lady like! And all real china!! All of my guests got to write me letters and tell me what they wish for our baby. And then we ate the most delicious food ... and so much of it! There were salads, cucumber sandwiches, real scones and jam, and sweet bread with "tea" choices of raspberry limeade or hot chocolate. Please note in particular the adorable multi-sized cupcakes ... isn't that clever?! And everything was done up in the same color's as our nursery.
Kristie and Jacqueline made me this:
And then we had a contest to see how many diapers there were. My mother-in-law, Marie who was sweet enough to drive up with my sister-in-law Lisa and two of my nieces guessed the exact right answer - 75! There were a couple of other games, and then I got to open a mountain of beautiful gifts! We are much more prepared for our little guy to arrive!

I couldn't be more grateful for the beautiful shower, or for how loved I felt every second of it!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh, so fun! That's wonderful! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Cinda said...

Looks like it was fun. Sorry I missed out. I wish you the best of luck the next couple of weeks. When we come up in March, maybe he will be here so we can see him.