Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A Clean Slate

We had a really fun New Years ... we decided to go low-key and celebrate a special 2009 with our favorites from the year. We ate our favorite "new" meal from 2009 - a balsamic vinegar asparagus pasta (delicious). Then we looked through all of our pictures and picked out ones for a new album (clearly I am behind ... I haven't even printed Ireland pics yet!). Then we watched a favorite movie from the year and then did the New Years countdown! We had a wonderful, adventurous 2009 - we were so blessed. I'll admit I was a little sad to let go of such a great year. But we are really excited for 2010 and what it will bring!

We decided to start 2010 with a clean slate. So we spent all (and I do mean ALL) of New Years Day cleaning out and reorganizing our house. Most people would say they wouldn't think we would have a lot to get rid of. Let me just tell you ... at LEAST 15 trips to the dumpster (apparently I hold on to stuff for years after I actually need it), 5 bags of clothes and coats to a family in need, a trip to DI and 12 HOURS later ... our house has never been so fabulously organized. We cleared out a few cabinets for baby-specific items ... and what will be his room (painting begins soon!) ... so I am feeling a lot more prepared space-wise for his arrival. We can't believe how much room we actually have!

Here's to a happy 2010!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Good job! I should get so motivated. And it's not even springtime....maybe it's more to do with "nesting"?!

Jake and Megan said...

What a great idea! I had those intentions but I put it off too long - now I don't know when it will get done. Make sure you get baby ready early - just in case your little guy comes a little early. :)