Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Preparations

I love how everyone asks if you are "getting ready" for baby. Um, how do I do that exactly? It isn't exactly like planning for a big vacation ... or completing a major project at work ... both of which I can do without thinking. But get ready for a baby ... completely foreign to me. This is what we have done ... We have made all of the big purchases ... and can successfully use the car seat and stroller (we even put in the extra infant cushion)! Jeff painted the nursery yesterday, and it turned out so cute! He's going to put the crib together this weekend - then we'll just need to get the chair delivered and I can finish decorating. So we're getting there on that. We own diapers and wipes ... and have cleared out a whole lot of extra room. The little stuff I am waiting on until closer, since everyone keeps telling me a lot of that is given to a new mom at the shower.

I also have my diaper bag. I looked and looked and just couldn't get happy with a traditional bag ... they are all so cutesy or something. I have to carry this everywhere for quite some time. And anyone who knows me knows how much I love a great purse. Then I found this Timi & Leslie bag ...
Amazing isn't it?! It technically is both a purse and a diaper bag (it has all the accessories). I fell in love. Jeff somehow found out that it wouldn't be a part of the 2010 collection and searched high and low to find me one in black. So now I am the proud owner of a diaper bag. I assure you ... it is even better in person!

So ready? Um, no where CLOSE ... but taking baby steps towards being ready ... definitely!

3 comments:

Jake and Megan said...

I love the diaper bag!! SO CUTE!

Carolyn said...

I can't wait to come see the nursery. Cute diaper bag! It's so you! :)

lance, miss, my, & finn said...

cute diaper bag.
you'll be as ready as you can be! y'all are so on top of it.
it's getting so close! yay!