Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Swing Dancin'

My friend Stepper and I had mentioned to our men that we had a hankering to go dancing ... and boy they picked up on the hint and ran with it! They planned a night out for the two couples and it was SO much fun. We went West Coast Swing Dancing ... in full 40s regalia.

But before I get ahead of myself ... let me go back to the beginning. Stepper offered to fix my hair in true 40s style. Since I can only get it in a pony-tail by myself, I was more than happy to let her fix it. So while we got ready the guys (and their little one) disappeared. When we were ready we heard a doorbell ring (I'll confess ... my heart skipped a beat)... they were there to pick us UP! Just like in the dating days, they were standing there looking mighty pleased to be going out with us ... and they brought these:



We melted ... just melted! And wouldn't you? They were all dressed up too, and complimented us profusely. We dropped the little man off and were officially out for the evening. First we were treated to dinner ... and then on to dancing!

Don't we look authentic?



The evening was full of fun big-band music, old people who were really good dancers, and lots of laughing as we gave it our best shot (the we excludes Stepper who is actually a very talented ballroom dancer and showed us all up with her moves!). We had so much fun! Thanks for making the night such a fun one for us!!

4 comments:

Stepper the Mighty said...

Hurrah! I need to post our pics of the evening as well. That was SUCH fun. Country dancing next? Think I could get Bill to wear cowboy boots???

lance, miss, my, & finn said...

looks like a blast! what good husbands.:)

Cinda said...

That sounds like so much fun. you guys look awesome! The hair! Did it take a long time to do?

Swanky Mommy said...

How awesome! That sounds like so much fun.