Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Love Month

In honor of this being LOVE month ... I'm going to talk about different things I love :)! Since I don't hold any particular affinity for Valentine's Day** in general I will try to keep them light-hearted ... and non-mushy.

Love of the moment? ZUMBA!

I hate to sweat ... I can't even tell you how much ... and I spend a lot of my life thinking of ways to avoid doing it. But I LOVE Zumba! It's truly invigorating. For those of you who haven't heard about it - it is a class that is taking gyms all over the nation by storm. It's a cardio work-out that revolves around Latin-inspired dancing.

Our teacher is crazy ... and amazing. She's constantly yelling to pump us up more and encouraging us to "shake it!" (You can also imagine that a room full of sweaty women getting their groove on draws quite the audience ... if you are part of that audience stop!) Five minutes in and I am sweating profusely ... you don't even want to imagine what I look like by the time the hour is up ... but weirdly enough, I am still smiling. I go home exhausted, but completely invigorated and find my self bopping around my house. I actually plan my week around these classes (a bit pathetic ... but it's that fun)

If you haven't tried it - it's a must! You'll feel AMAZING!

And that is my love spotlight for today!

**I don't really get majorly into Valentine's Day because I'm a big believer that love should be shown all year and in lots of ways ... not just once per year with cheesiness and expensive roses

6 comments:

lance, miss, my, & finn said...

hey! I've been wondering about zumba! do you think I'd like it? I'm not so much of a dancer...

Stepper the Mighty said...

Hey! Fun! I'm doing a "Love Month" of my own over on Stepper Was Here.

Huttah for Zumba! The whole reason I renewed my Gym Membership! :D So now I get to shake it with you and all the other girls as much as HUMANLY POSSIBLE! YEAH!

5 more pounds of babyweight to go!

Jake and Megan said...

I want to get a gym membership just to go to Zumba! I loved it!

Cinda said...

I wish our gym had Zumba classes. It sounds like so much fun. Are we going to see you guys next week?

Tiffany said...

Glad you are a Zumba Sister now!! Hope to see you Saturday for the Zumba Party.

Welsh Woman said...

Do they do it at the gold's gym in spanish fork?