Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Christmas is Coming!!

Gosh it's been so busy I have been a blogging slacker lately! But you know what I think that means? CHRISTMAS IS COMING!! I'm a big subscriber to Christmas being the most wonderful time of the year!! It makes me so, so happy.

Around here we're getting ready in lots of ways. First off, by having some loved ones in town. My aunt and uncle came to town and met Landon for the first time ever. They were all smitten ... including Landon who thought they were awesome! He particularly loved my uncle Michael who was more than willing to play, play, play! We were so busy I totally forgot to take pictures.

Second, we did a little Christmas Light viewing:
Seven years ago Jeff took me on our first date to see the Christmas lights on Temple Square. Every year he takes me back for a fun date to walk down memory lane. Love that.

And a little holiday getting-together-with-friends:
This year we wanted to give back a bit so we all donated pajamas to the Women and Children in Crisis Shelter. Did you know they always need pajamas? That makes me so sad, because it means that because of circumstances created by others they had to leave home with nothing. It felt good to give where we could. If you get a hankering to donate something to them it can be dropped off at the United Way - just make sure you tell them what group it is for.

Otherwise we are busy shopping, baking and eating!! In fact, sometimes it just plain wears us out and this happens:
What are you doing to get ready for the holidays?

No comments: