Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Wal Mart

Is there any worse place on the PLANET than Wal Mart? My aunt once told me Wal Mart was taking over the world. I laughed then ... but I am beginning to believe her! Yet I continue to shop there ... my excuse is that it is one-stop-shopping (which appeals to my time-crunched mentality) and close. Target is 25 min away and for some reason that seems much more overwhelming to fit into my schedule.

When I walk in to the Wally I seriously have a physical reaction. Weird, I know. But I get dizzy and an instant headache (ask Jeff, he has witnessed this reaction). I also have a tendency to get irrational ... but I'm not sure what we can pin that on :). Then I wander around trying desperately to check my list a million times so I don't have to backtrack at all. All the while wondering about the phenomenon that is Wal Mart.

Some things to ponder:

*When you provide no quality and you don't care what your customers think how do you survive let alone thrive?
*Why is the lady at the pharmacy (the pharmacist -helper?) staring at a computer and not paying attention to the fact that I am standing in line ... and have been for several minutes? (And only moments later) Doesn't she see I am holding out my credit card for her ... why is she talking to her other pharmacy-helper and completely disregarding my presence (I even got off my cell phone like the sign asks!)
*How are they out of everything on my list ... spinach? cream of chicken soup? worcestershire sauce?
*What possessed them to pay to re-model the store and paint the food section school bus yellow? (And you wonder why I get a headache)

And yet I continue to go back ... at least they are cheap :)

On a much brighter note ... my adorable hubby took me to see Bride Wars this last weekend (such a trooper) and we loved it! It is funny, touching, and totally chick-flick predictable :) My favorite!

4 comments:

Welsh Woman said...

You blog is soooo cute! I totally get the whole Wal Mart issue, Jess is totally against spending a penny there, lol. I am so glad you enjoyed bride wars, I want to see it so bad!

Lisa said...

For us it is the prices- our only option in town is Walgreens of the grocery store and if our list is long it makes it worth the trip to st.george- however in less than 2 months we will have one here in hurricane plus our credit union is opening in the walmart which means we will rarly go to st.george- only to visit mom, go to the temple and to do the fun kind of shopping- But Mike's dad thinks Walmart will put eveyone out of buismess and then they will be able to raise thier prices... I doubt that will happen???

Stephie said...

haha Kirk loves this blog! He the most anti walmart person i know!

lance, miss, my, & finn said...

oh, ari, me too. hate walmart. yet, that's where I shop. it IS cheap.:)
I think bride wars looks so cute!