Monday, January 19, 2009

Tea Time

As part of my mom's Christmas present I scheduled to have a "tea party" with her. Saturday was our official tea time. It was SO much fun! We went to Protea Cottage up at Gardner village. It was adorable... the tea room is tiny and cozy. They have hats and scarfs for everyone to wear - so we picked out hats and sat down! Don't we look so proper?


The food was DELICIOUS! So amazing... When they first dropped it off I didn't think it was very much, but it was SO filling. Their scones were amazing, the sandwiches yummy ... and the desserts a chocolate-y haven!! We didn't have tea (I think it is disgusting ... there is nothing grosser than peppermint-y hot water) which I think the ladies thought was weird. We sat there and talked for 2 hours!! It was so great ... we don't get an opportunity to do that un-interrupted very often ... so it was priceless time.

Then we looked around a bit up there (and picked out all kinds of decorations my mom would love for their next house), and then headed south.

We stopped at DSW Shoe warehouse and ULTA Cosmetics. My mom always seems to bring good luck with finding good deals. I found these shoes ... at a killer deal!


Guess how much I paid for them? They were originally $80. They were 70% off ... then I had a $10 coupon for joining their rewards club ... and a $15 gift card from a return ... so I paid a total of .88!! AMAZING!! (Jeff keeps pointing out that technically we paid for the $15 item I returned ... but that was months ago! So I don't think it counts anymore :)!) And aren't they super sexy? I love shoes ... it's a huge weakness!

Then I found a beautiful lipstick at ULTA... and my mom was so nice - she bought it for me! It's super cute ...

Overall, it was such a fun day with my mom!

3 comments:

Stepper the Mighty said...

Your mom is so cute!!!

And those shoes...there is no adjective juicy enough. $.88. I think you win for the best deal of January '09!

Cinda said...

What a fun outing with just your Mom. I would love that! Maybe someday.

Margo said...

What a deal! That's better than my candy corn!! That is such a fun idea...going for tea. I need to do that with my "charming" daughter Megs.