Tuesday, November 18, 2008

We are Thankful ...

My friend Missy had a great idea ... she is posting something she is thankful for each day until Thanksgiving. I think this is a fantastic idea! With the world being crazy ... and us being busy ... taking time to be grateful is more than important. Since I am starting this a week and a half before Thanksgiving ... we have some thankin' to catch up on! I will try to be brief ...

1. Each other ... makes life complete
2. Our families ... always there ... no matter what
3. Great friends ... keep us laughing
4. The Gospel ... something to keep us centered on what really matters
5. Jobs ... especially in these scary times
6. Our home ... my favorite place ... a total haven
7. Our health ... something I always worry about
8. Temples ... we have so many so close ... and the only place I don't worry about anything else.
9. Ellie ... seriously ... she loves us so much ... and it makes me feel loved!
10. Our callings ... I am especially lucky to work with our wonderful YW
11. Gas prices falling ... I really didn't think this would happen for a long time!
12. Vacation ... I love planning them ... looking forward to them ... going on them!
13. Good books ... I love losing myself in a great one
14. Food ... the homemade kind ... and my favorite restaurants!
15. Cell phones ... silly? nope ... Jeff and I spend a lot of time apart ... this is a connection
16. Snuggling on the couch ... it makes me feel loved and close!
17. Weekends ... I look forward to them so much!
18. Sales ... shopping is a favorite past time ... these make it possible
19. Dark Chocolate and foot rubs... they can make any day better
20. Laughter ... Jeff can always make me laugh ... and I love it
21. Great Music ... when the words tell another person exactly how you feel
22. Date Night ... best part of the week!
23. That Jeff and I started dating 4 years ago today ...
24. Crisp fall days ... the kind that make you forget how hot summer was and how cold winter will be
25. Memories ... that make us smile, or that remind us of how blessed we are
26. Flowers ... I love the way the smell and the happy feeling associated with them...
27. Thanksgiving!
28. Black Friday SHOPPING! ... it's a family tradition ... gets me right into the Christmas spirit
29. A helpful hubby ... he cooks ... he cleans ... and he does LAUNDRY! Amazing...
30. The opportunity to make a thankful list ... it was exactly what I needed this month!

Wow! Is our Thankful-month already almost over?!

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

Aw, that is a cute idea! You're right, it's always nice to remember what we're thankful for.

lance, miss, my, & finn said...

yay for gratitude!:) you thought of some good ones!

Stepper the Mighty said...

My favorite on your list: Cool autumn days that make you forget how hot summer was and how cold Winter will be. Very well said! That's exactly it!

And they give you the sense that the good and exciting times are just around the corner!

Also: Black Friday shopping! Used to be a tradition with my sisters as well. Now they're all lame and would rather sleep.