Thursday, June 20, 2013

On Lone Rangers ... and Sleeping Itty-Bitties

A few weeks ago we were out shopping and Landon found a fedora. That he had to have. We thought it was so funny and cute that we let him get it (plus, it was on sale). I assumed he wanted it because we have a little friend who also has one. 

Nope.

After that he wanted to wear it all the time. And when he was wearing it I would hear him say things like "ye-haw" and "I'm like Woody, mom!"

It finally occurred to me why ... he thinks it is a cowboy hat. 

And I didn't have the heart to tell him otherwise because let's be honest, that's just about the cutest thing ever.

So today when he wanted to wear it "because it's to wear to ride ponies, mom!" I went with it. (We were not, in fact, riding any ponies today, but that was of no consequence).

And isn't he just about the cutest lone ranger you can imagine? He was watching the very awesome construction going on in our cul-de-sac.
Then later we were at a friend's house for a lunch play date. And this sweet itty-bitty couldn't handle all the excitement and did this:
 He doesn't fall asleep on me very often, so it made me melt. Wouldn't you? 
Those cheeks! And his little fist. Why don't they stay this size forever?

No comments: