Monday, May 20, 2013

Four Months!

I'm trying not to focus on the fact that the last four months have gone MUCH too quickly ... and instead focus on how stinking cute Liam is. He is such a bright spot in our world - I can't imagine life without him! 

He's extremely patient. Extremely. But when he's done being patient, you'll know really fast. Particularly if he's hungry. His "I'm hungry" cry is more like an annoyed/irritated/angry grunting noise (like "how dare you make me wait... you know it's time for me to eat") before it goes to a full-blown cry. And boy, he loves his bottle :)!

To illustrate that point his stats:

Weight: 18 lbs. 1 oz. (95%)
Height:  25.9 inches (75%)
Chins

He loves to be read to - his favorite book is The Jolly Pirate (it's quite intense), and when you read it to him he waves his arms and kicks his legs so much I'm afraid he's going to jump right off whatever he is sitting on. He likes his jumper more and more and his feet actually reach the ground now!

Overall, Liam is such a chill baby. But he isn't afraid to make his opinion known when necessary. For example, sometimes, he just wants his mama. And no one else will do. Or, when Jeff gets home from work, Liam will stare at him intently until he catches Jeff's attention and then he'll grin and wave his arms around in excitement. So cute!

I caught them playing together ... so funny!
I've said it before, but boy, he loves his brother! And when Landon is too rough or enthusiastic with him (he still finds it weird that Liam can't wrestle yet), Liam is so quick to forgive him and go right back to smiling.
They were both super thrilled about having to sit still, but I couldn't
resist with their matchy outfits.

He is not a big fan of tummy time (and I'm a sucker and don't make him do it much, I know ... it's terrible of me!), and hasn't rolled over yet. But he does like to get get up on his side a bit, which is generally accompanied by sucking his thumb. He's a binki fan too. I've come to the conclusion he is just a fan of having something in his mouth!

Personally, my favorite thing about him is his quick smile, and how much he loves to be kissed. I'll tell him to give me kisses and he thinks it is so fun! The things that pass too quickly are the ones I hold on to the most. I haven't posted many pictures lately so here are a few of my favorites from the last month or so of our sweet Liam. With my blogging absence I feel remiss in getting enough pictures recorded, so I'm making up for lost blogs!

One lucky mama...
He always has his tongue out - it cracks me up!
He was chatting with me when I snapped this - he is so talkative!
All dressed up for church ... and grinning at Landon!
Love that smile!
How he feels about his car seat.

2 comments:

Tamsin North said...

Oh, that last picture! I am dying! :)

Carolyn said...

Love the pictures! What cute boys.