Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Camping

On my top list of things I don't really like to do ... camping! However, this last weekend we went with a big group of friends and it was really fun! We started the evening off with Navajo tacos - delicious - and finished it chatting around the campfire eating all kinds of goodies.

The next morning we ate a huge breakfast ... and I mean huge (we were definitely not going to go hungry that is for SURE), then we cleaned up and went home.

Minus the fact that I didn't sleep a wink all night (which Jeff can attest to ... when I can't sleep he somehow doesn't end up sleeping either ... weird!) we had a lot of fun. Ellie loved it ... she is quite the little camper ... she happily walked to the lake with us, entertained the kids, ate the leftovers and got exceptionally dirty!

I was going to post a picture ... but I keep forgetting ... so I'll just post this instead :)

3 comments:

Becca said...

You are so brave!

Abby Killam said...

loooove to camp- glad you guys had an ok time ;o)

Stepper the Mighty said...

We had tons of fun, too! I didn't sleep much, either, but something about waking up in the mountains always makes me feel rejuvenated.

And you HAVE to have a big breakfast camping! It's the best place for a cowboy style breakfast.

But, that said, I'm still thinkin' about them scones.

Mmmmmm-boy!